Gomez Cruzado Montes Obarenes Rioja Blanco - Spiritly

Gomez Cruzado Montes Obarenes Rioja Blanco

22057

Regular price£54.41
/
VAT included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Bottle Size
ABV%
  • Free Shipping on all orders over £100
  • Low stock - 5 items left
  • Inventory on the way
The Gómez Cruzado winery dates back to 1886 when Angel Gómez de Arteche started to produce and bottle his own wine in Haro, at the very heart of Rioja Alta. Subsequently bought by Angel and Jesus Gomez Cruzado in 1916, the winemaking and vitculturalist team currently at the helm have been gaining a solid reputation for high-quality, refined wines that speak of the Rioja region, crafting wines from vineyards of old bush vines in the most elevated vineyards. The area produces wines with freshness and elegance. Tempranillo vines grown in alluvial soils at an average altitude of 500m – in a warmer, more temperate continental climate with a notable Mediterranean influence. Wines have high maturity and excellent ageing capacity. Garnacha vines at over 80 years old, planted in ferrous clay soil at around 750m altitude, on north-facing slopes near the Sierra de la Demanda. The continental climate confers strong fruitiness and marked acidity on the resulting wines.

This is the only white wine of Gomez Cruzado's 'Terroir Selection' - part barrel-fermented, and produced from exceptional quality fruit from the foot of Montes Obarenes, near Haro in north-western Rioja Alta. Here the River Ebro enters the Rioja region bringing clouds and cooler temperatures, resulting in excellent quality white grapes. Predominantly Viura, with 25% Tempranillo Blanco - the grapes are hand-picked and hand-sorted, 80% of the must is fermented and aged on fine lees in new French oak barrels, and the remaining 20% is aged on fine lees in egg-shaped concrete tanks. The use of old bush vine Viura adds aromatic character, while on the palate there is minerality and a refreshing salinity, which balances textural, ripe fruit on the finish.

Tasting Note:
A very aromatic nose, while on the palate there is minerality and a refreshing salinity, which balances textural, ripe fruit on the finish.

P&P £4.95
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER £100

Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may not be accurate representations of the item in stock. Please keep in mind that batch numbers, vintages, label orientation and bottling dates may change. If you are unsure whether our item is correct, please contact us before purchasing.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.


Recently viewed